Welcome to McCutcheon High School
The McCutcheon community believes in a learning environment that encourages students to respect themselves and others, to contribute positively to a diverse society, and to become lifelong learners.
McCutcheon High School (MHS) is one of two high schools in the Tippecanoe School Corporation (TSC). The geographical districts of Harrison High School, to the north, and MHS form a "doughnut" around the cities of Lafayette and West Lafayette, which have a combined population of about 100,000 and Purdue University, whose enrollment hovers around 40,000.
Originally a mostly rural school, MHS is now a mixture of suburban and rural. Our boundaries take in the south edge of Lafayette and the smaller towns of Shadeland, Romney, West Point, Clarks Hill, Stockwell, and Dayton. Measured by geographical area, TSC is the second largest school district in Indiana.
McCutcheon opened in the fall of 1975 with an enrollment of about 700 (grades 10-12). Freshmen were added in 1985, bringing the enrollment to just less than 1000. Steady growth led to one major renovation in 1997 and others in the past three years, when a separate building of 10 classrooms (Freshman Center) and a separate wing of 12 classrooms (Center for Academic Studies) were built.